Do you want to translate your WordPress website?
Are you’re struggling hard to pick up the best WordPress translation plugins for your multilingual website. With the help of the translator plugins, you can create multilingual content for your website. Most of the beginners are not aware that WordPress blogs can be built in their own language. You can also create your own multilingual content for your website.
Here I am going to discuss the best WordPress translation plugins with good features list.
Before digging into the best WordPress translation plugins, they are mainly characterized into 2 types of i.e manual and automatic translations.
You can pick up their manual or automatic translations.
Pick either manual or automatic translations:
There are two main translation plugins. They are;
- Manual Translations: You can do manual translations or hire to do it. By using the plugins that allow creating multilingual content for your website. Moreover with the quality of the plugin of the translations is maintained better than the machine-generated online translations.
- Automatic Translations: It focuses on the plugins which use the online translation services to translate your content. It does not require content to be written in multiple languages. While performing translations there might be errors. The automatic translations are not far better than manual translations.
You can also mix both the translations and translate your website automatically and manually fix the errors. Some plugins help you to do both whereas some only does either manual or automatic translations. The thing is that you need to pick up the best plugin depending upon your need.
Still, there are plugins which do automatic translations without affecting your SEO.
If there is one truly convenient way to translate your website, it must be through ConveyThis!
It is the most translated language plugin in the WordPress directory (over 38 language contrubutions) and is growing fast. ConveyThis makes it very simple to integrate into WP website and activate as many as 100+ languages.
ConveyThis uses automatic machine translation to translate your entire site, and adds a language switcher button. So within the first couple of minutes, you’ll already have a working, SEO-friendly multilingual site.
It comes with both free and paid plan. Free plan that lets you translate up to 2,500 words into one language, the paid plans use SaaS-style billing, which means you’ll need to continue to pay for as long as you want to use the service.
Paid plans start at $5 a month for one language and up to 10,000 words.
Weglot WordPress translation plugin:
Weglot makes your website multilingual. The translation API seamlessly integrates into your website and delivers in any language. It is a little expensive plugin depending upon your needs. It also saves your time and convenient too.
How do the Weglot works?
- You need to connect your site to the cloud-based weglot service.
- It does automatic machine translation of your entire website.
- You can even manually edit the machine translations or even hand over it to the professional translators.
Weglot translates 100% of your website including Yoast SEO, meta titles and descriptions With the Weglot it will create SEO user-friendly URL structure that Google can crawl and index. You can also enjoy 10 days of free trial with Weglot.
Pros of the Weglot:
- It is the SEO user-friendly interface plugin for translation.
- It is easy to set and install and you may require to manually edit the translations after automatic translations.
- The Weglot cloud service interface manages the translations and outsources them to the professional translator.
- .Light code and fast performance.
Cons of the Weglot:
- The only con of the weglot is that it is of the high price. In the free plan, one can translate up to 2000 words into anyone language only.
Created to simplify your translation process – the Weglot translation plugin gives you a reliable and easy way to take your website from local to global in minutes. No coding required and no developer time needed. Install Weglot, select your required language(s) and watch as Weglot does the hard work for you – you’ll have a multilingual website in less than 5 minutes.
With zero compatibility issues – Weglot works with all WordPress themes and plugins. Use Weglot’s simplified interface to manage your translations and order additional manual translation where required. And, say hello to new audiences, as with Weglot all your translated pages are automatically indexed on Google.
Accelerate your translation process with subscriptions starting from €9.90 a month. Weglot is the solution to going global.
Mostly the WPML is the most popular WordPress translation plugin available in premium version only. This plugin comes up with many exciting features which helps you to create the multilingual website. It is powerful enough for the corporate sites but you can build your blogs also.
It is a complete, compatible and dependable WordPress translation plugin. With the WPML one can easily translate every specific element of the blog such as pages, posts, custom types and theme texts. The WordPress API is compatible with the WPML. With the help of the WPML, one can deliver the perfect website on time.
Once you had decided to use which language then by using the WPML your content can be translated to your need with the help of a side by side editor.
With the WPML you can translate every aspect of your site such as:
- Translate widget
- Custom Post types
- Page builder designs etc.
The great part about the translated content is that it is optimized SEO friendly. Also with the help of WPML, one can create 100% unique translated content where Google will index very fast. You can also set a proper structure for the translation of the content based on the following.
- You can use different domains and subdomains.
- You can translate URL parameters separately.
But the actual point to focus is how can one translate the site content with WPML. The default focus is on manual translation but one can set automatic translation with the WPML plugin.
One important feature of this plugin is the translation manager which helps you to translate your web content very successfully. With this feature you can :
- Connect to the external translation services from your dashboard.
- Create special translation users at your website or even you can hire.
WPML price starts at 29$. You can choose the external service which offers automatic translations.
Features of WPML:
- With one WordPress installation which supports multiple languages.
- It provides powerful translation management.
- It also supports and runs the multilingual eCommerce very securely.
- It does the translation of theme and plugin texts.
- It helps for the affordable professional translation.
- It provides reliable, scalable and works with most WordPress themes.
Polylang WordPress translation plugin:
Polylang is one of the free translation plugins at WordPress.org. It allows you to create a multilingual website. With the free version, one can translate entire website content including posts, pages, custom post types etc. You can use the string translation editor for site tiles and them texts and WordPress editor for translating the each and every of the content individually.
Each and every part of the translated version of the site can be easily indexed on Google and supports strong SEO.
The downside of the plugin is that you required the pro version to translate slugs in URLs.The core polylang helps to translate only using manual methods. If you want to translate automatically your plugin needs to integrate to the Lingotek Translation plugin.
Features of Polylang:
- You can use many languages as you want.
- You can easily translate posts, widgets, pages, categories, post tags etc.
- It needs to be integrated to the Lingotek Translation plugin for doing the automatic translation.
Gtranslate is one of the best WordPress translation plugins in the free list. Instead of creating a multilingual version of your website, this plugin helps to add a drop-down menu where you can select the country so that users can translate your content dynamically by using Google translate.
The benefits of this plugin are:
- It supports multiple languages as it is only the drop-down menu to be added.
- It requires very less time to do automatic translations of your content.
But the cons of Google Translate are:
- In the free version, Google won’t index the translated versions of the website. But in the Pro version, it will index.
- The automatic translations in the free version are not 100% accurate and reliable.
The translatepress is one of the freemium plugin which is relatively compared to the abovementioned plugins like WPML/Polylang. It is a convenient platform same as like Weglot and it is a one time fee.
With the translatepress you are provided with the live front end interface to translate the content based on your WordPress customizer dashboard. One can translate everything such as Yoast SEO, titles, meta description etc with the premium version. All the translations are SEO user friendly and are crawled on Google.
It supports both automatic and manual translations. It uses the Google translate API to do automatic translate. The free version is the very basic option if you want to translate in any one language. Moreover, if you want to access multiple languages and better SEO you need to go for a premium plan.
In my opinion, all the WordPress translation plugins are of equal importance. But the difference in their need and budget.
The WPML is a one-time fee plugin which best fits for some users. Whereas the Weglot standards for the best if you are willing to spend the money on purchasing it.
The WordPress translation plugins are the one which needs to choose based on their features, reliability and need.