Do you want to translate your WordPress website.
Are you’re struggling hard to pick up the best WordPress translation plugins for your multilingual website. With the help of the translator plugins, you can create a multilingual content for your website. Most of the beginners are not aware that WordPress blogs can be built in their own language. You can also create your own multilingual content for your website.
Here I am going to discuss the best WordPress translation plugins with good features list.
Before digging into the best WordPress translation plugins, they are mainly characterized into 2 types i.e manual and automatic translations.
You can pick up their manual or automatic translations.
Pick either manual or automatic translations:
There are two main translation plugins. They are;
- Manual Translations: You can do manual translations or hire to do it. By using the plugins that allow creating multilingual content for your website. Moreover with the plugins quality of the translations is maintained better than the machine generated online translations.
- Automatic Translations: It focuses on the plugins which use the online translation services to translate your content. It does not require content to be written in multiple languages. While performing translations theri might be errors. The automatic translations are not far better than manual translations.
You can also mix both the translations and translate your website automatically and manually fix the errors. Some plugins helps you to do the both where as some only does either manual or automatic translations. The thing is that you need to pick up the best plugin depending upon your need.
Still there are plugins which does automatic translations without affecting your SEO.
5 Best WordPress translation plugins for your website in 2018:
Mostly the WPML is the most popular WordPress translation plugin available in premium version only. This plugin comes up with many exciting features which helps you to create the multilingual website. It is powerful enough for the corporate sites but you can build your blogs also.
It is a complete, compatible and dependable WordPress translation plugin.With the WPML one can easily translate every specific element of the blog such as pages, posts, custom types and theme texts.The WordPress API is compatible with the WPML. With the help of the WPML one can deliver the perfect website on time.
Once you had decide to use which language then by using the WPML your content can be translated to your need with the help of a side by side editor.
With the WPML you can translate every aspect of your site such as:
- Translate widget
- Custom Post types
- Page builder designs etc.
The great part about the translated content is that it is optimized SEO friendly. Also with the help of WPML one can create 100% unique translated content where Google will index very fast. You can also set a proper structure to the translation of the content based on the following.
- You can use different domains and subdomains.
- You can translate URL parameters separately.
But the actual point to focus is how can one can translate the site content with WPML. The default focus is on manual translation but one can set automatic translation with the WPML plugin.
One important feature of this plugin is the translation manager which helps you to translate your web content very successfully. With this feature you can :
- Connect to the external translation services from your dashboard.
- Create special translation users at your website or even your can hire.
WPML price starts at 29$. You can choose the external service which offers automatic translations.
Features of WPML:
- With one WordPress installation which supports multiple languages.
- It provides powerful translation management.
- It also supports and runs the multilingual ecommerce very securely.
- It does translation of theme and plugin texts.
- It helps for the affordable professional translation.
- It provides reliable, scalable and works with most WordPress themes.
2. Weglot WordPress translation plugin:
Weglot makes your website multilingual. The translation API seamlessly integrates into your website and delivers in any language. It is a little expensive plugin depending upon your needs. It also saves your time and convenient too.
How does the Weglot works?
- You need to connect your site to the cloud based weglot service.
- It does automatic machine translation of your entire website.
- You can even manually edit the machine translations or even hand over it to the professional translators.
Weglot translates 100% of your website including Yoast SEo, meta titles and descriptions With the Weglot it will create SEO user friendly URL structure that Google can crawl and index. You can also enjoy 10 days of free trial with Weglot.
Pros of the Weglot:
- It is the SEO user friendly interface plugin for translation.
- It is easy to set and install and you may require to manually edit the translations after automatic translations.
- The Weglot cloud service interface manages the translations and outsource them to the professional translator.
- .Light code and fast performance.
Cons of the Weglot:
- The only con of the weglot is that it is of high price. In free plan one can translate upto 2000 words into any one language only.
3. Polylang WordPress translation plugin:
Polylang is one of the free translation plugin at WordPress.org. It allows you to create a multilingual website. With free version one can translate entire website content including posts, pages, custom post types etc. You can use the string translation editor for site tiles and them texts and WordPress editor for translating the each and every of the content individually.
Each and every part of the translated version of the site can be easily indexed on Google and supports strong SEO.
The downside of the plugin is that you required the pro version to translate slugs in URLs.The core polylang helps to translate only using the manual methods. If you want to translate automatically your plugin needs to integrated to the Lingotek translation plugin.
Features of Polylang:
- You can use many languages as you want.
- You can easily translated posts, widgets, pages, categories, post tags etc.
- It needs to be integrated to the Lingotek translation plugin for doing automatic translation.
4. Google Translate:
Gtranslate is one of the best WordPress translation plugins in the free list. Instead of creating a multilingual version of your website, this plugin helps to add a drop down menu where you can select the country so that users can translate your content dynamically by using the Google translate.
The benefits of this plugin are:
- It supports multiple languages as it is only the drop down menu to be added.
- It requires very less time to do automatic translations of your content.
But the cons of the Google Translate are:
- In the free version Google won’t index the translated versions of the website. But in Pro version it will index.
- The automatic translations in the free version are not 100% accurate and reliable.
The translatepress is the one of the freemium plugin which is relatively compared to the abovementioned plugins like WPML/Polylang. It is a convenient platform same as like Weglot and it is a one time fee.
With the translatepress you are provided with the live front end interface to translate the content based on your WordPress customizer dashboard.One can translate everything such as Yoast SEO, tiles, meta description etc with the premium version.All the translations are SEO user friendly and are crawled on the Google.
It supports both the automatic and manual translations. It uses the Google translate API to do automatic translate. The free version is the very basic option if you want to translate in any one language.Moreover if you want access multiple languages and better SEO you need to go for premium plan.
In my opinion all the WordPress translation plugins are of equal importance. But difference in their need and budget.
The WPML is a one time fee plugin which best fits for some users. Where as the Weglot standards for the best if you are willing to spend the money on purchasing it.
The WordPress translation plugins are the one which needs to chosen based on their features, reliability and need.