Here’s what I look for when authors offer me a guest post:
- Spam – I Google their name to make sure they aren’t pushing out spammy content throughout the web.
- Links – I make sure they aren’t linking out in their bio or within the content to spammy websites.
- Depth – look to see how detailed their past content is. I usually look for authors who write content that is at least 1000 words to 1200 words. You can’t put much advice in a 400-word blog post, so avoid writers who are just trying to crank out content for links.
- A blog post should contain a minimum of 1 link – I don’t have a maximum number of links that should be in a post, but I do have a minimum. People have written blog posts on almost every topic out there, so instead of regurgitating the same old information, link out to the sites that have already covered it.
- The content must be detailed and unique.
- Even if a guest post is good, it doesn’t mean you should publish it. The content needs to be great! If you don’t set strict standards from day one, your blog won’t be read consistently.
- You need to fully own the content
Please send your guest post to
[email protected] and also use Contact Us Form for Communication. Thanks!