Jacek Michalski is an expert in marketing and SEO. He explains how SEO is your most important tool for website promotion. One of the success stories is Keno Online, a long-overlooked provider but has recently become more popular with SEO.
There have been a few updates to Google’s algorithms and SERP (search results page). Big companies have taken hits to their organic traffic recently. Is SEO then still something in which you should invest in 2020? The short answer: definitely. With all the changes that took place, SEO is even more critical now.
What is SEO?
If you’re new to digital marketing, you might not know what SEO stands for. The term that is so often used stands for Search Engine Optimisation. It’s a method of driving organic traffic to your website by making tweaks to your site to rank high in Google search results. Organic traffic is visitors that you don’t pay to visit the site.
Why is SEO important?
It’s essential to rank high in search results since this drives the most traffic to your site. Paid searches only account for 5% of traffic to your site, while organic traffic is more than 50% of all visitors.
There’s consensus among top marketers that SEO is the most critical website marketing tool in 2020. Many marketers believe that reaching their targets will be more challenging this year, with SEO being a useful countermeasure. This speaks to the importance of SEO and market value.
Customers Start Online
Studies show that most customers start their search online. Many of these customers will rate the business’s credibility from the quality of the site, with an impression made within seconds. Customers want an easily navigable website that has all the information for which they’re looking. Customers have an inherent belief that a website that’s high in the Google rankings is trustworthy and believable.
Speak to Your Customers
While other marketing tools are essential, your website tells potential customers that you’re real and trustworthy. If potential customers can’t find your website, they won’t find the information they want. Quickly finding your website will help them use it to learn more about your business, what you offer, and potentially buy your product. Use your website as a marketing tool to tell your potential customers what they need to know.
Take a look at the following ways to speak to your customers through your website:
- Set up a chat support to answer the questions of visitors. This can be done either through live support agents or using built-in or AI-generated messages via chatbots.
- Encourage commenting and provide clear call-to-actions (CTAs) to direct page visitors to the right place.
Rank High With The Help Of An SEO Agency
An SEO agency can help you expedite your way to the top ranking of search engines. Also, if you don’t have any clue how to start your SEO campaign, you can learn the ins and outs from a reputable SEO company.
Here’s how an SEO agency can help you attain your SEO goals:
- Create SEO Optimized Content: An SEO specialist can help you develop relevant content for your website, including adding the right keywords to your website.
- Test Your SEO Campaign: A good SEO specialist can help test different design methods, advertising techniques, and layout in order for your website to gain the most paid and organic traffic. Also, a reputable SEO agency has the right tools to monitor your SEO metrics.
- SEO Copywriting: SEO agencies employ knowledgeable and skilled SEO copywriters to create outstanding sales pitches for your content, such as email marketing.
Use Analytics to Get to Know Your Customers
Google Analytics can be a useful tool to help you get to know your customers. By tracking what potential customers interact with on your site, you can make the site even better.
Here’s how using Google Analytics can help you understand your customers:
- With Google Analytics, you’ll learn how your visitors interact when they land on your web pages.
- This tool will help you find out where your web traffic comes from and how long your online visitors stay.
- It’s a great way to learn about your most visited web pages, including the last page a visitor viewed before exiting the site.
- The data range feature of Google Analytics allows you to easily compare your traffic from various date entries, measuring your performance and progress.
Keep in mind that the better you understand your customers’ journey when they engage with content, it will be easier to know the best marketing strategies to attract more visitors to your website.
SEO and Your Website
We’ve established that your website is an important marketing tool and that SEO is an integral part of website promotion. The world of SEO has changed a bit, and there a few things that can hurt your rankings. Make sure that your site has no spam links or too many sales links. Not only does this hurt your rankings, but it also hurts your trustworthiness.
Copying content from other sources is also a big mistake. Google will penalise you, and your customers will lose trust in your information. Another problematic practise is stuffing your site with keywords. Keywords are essential, but you should use them carefully.
An essential aspect of your site is whether it’s optimised for mobile. There are still many sites that you can’t access from your mobile device. Google updated its indexing for mobile-optimised sites in 2015 already. If your site isn’t mobile-friendly, you need to update it soon.
Google penalises sites that have problematic practices that cause potential customers to lose their trust in websites. Make sure that your website has content that is valuable for potential customers.
SEO is a crucial website marketing tool to drive traffic and, in turn, sales. In uncertain times, getting traffic to your website is more important than ever. Ensure that your site uses acceptable practices and if you’re not sure what to do, get an SEO expert in to help you.