Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, and medical common entrance test is popularly known as AP EAMCET. The examination is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University; Kakinada on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).It is basically a state level entrance examination which is conducted for the entry of candidates into various professional courses. The aspirants need to keep a check on the official website for all the information regarding the examination. From the registration process to the downloading of the admit cards, everything is available on the official website. The tentative dates are also released to provide an idea to the aspirants about the same.
The eligible applicants can apply for the examination to get admission in various engineering, agriculture and medical courses which are offered by numerous colleges in Andhra Pradesh. There are various courses offered under this examination such as – B.Sc, BDS, Pharma-D, B.E/B.Tech, B.V.Sc & Animal Husbandry, B.F.Sc, BNYS, BHMS, B.Pharm, BAMS. The applicants can apply for the examination on the official portal. The application forms for AP EAMCET Exam 2018 will be available on the official website from the first week of February till the third week of March.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India or PIO (Person of Indian Origin) or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- The candidate must belong to Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
Eligibility for Eng., B.Sc, Pharmacy courses
- The applicants must have qualified their 12th standard or any other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects (those who are appearing can also apply for AP EAMCET 2018).
- The applicants who are in the final year of Diploma in Eng. can also apply for the same.
Eligibility for BAMS/BHMS/BNYS courses
- The applicants must have qualified 12th standard or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology as their main subjects.
- The applicants should have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year. Furthermore, there is no upper limit age for applying in the same.
The applicants must pay the application fee to confirm their candidature. The fee can be paid through online mode via debit/credit cards or the net banking facility.
- For Engineering (E) applicants – Rs. 350/- (without late fee)
- For Agriculture & Medical (AM) applicants – Rs. 350/- (without late fee)
- For both E+AM applicants – Rs. 700/- (without late fee)
- The Duration of the Exam is 3 hours.
- The subjects available in the exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Numbers of Questions are 160 questions which will be appearing on the exam. It will be an objective type question paper. One mark will be awarded for every correct question and there will be no negative marking.
- There will be 40 questions from physics and chemistry, 80 questions from mathematics in the engineering course whereas in the agriculture course, there will be 40 questions each in all the four sections. The four sections will be physics, botany, chemistry, and zoology. The total questions will be 160 in both the courses.
- The syllabus is also disclosed on the official website for the ease and convenience of the students. All the subjects such as physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, and mathematics will be covered in the syllabus.
- There is only one way of applying to the examination i.e. the online mode which can be done only after logging into the website. The notification will be released in the fourth week of January. The submission of the online application form will begin in the first week of February 2018. The last date for the submission will fall around in the month of March 2018. The correction details will be available between the first and second week of April 2018. Other than AP and Telangana, few engineering colleges in Chennai also accept exam scores of this examination.
How to apply
To apply for the examination, the aspirants need to follow the steps given below-
- The first step is to visit the official portal of AP EAMCET 2018. The candidate needs to search for the apply online link after reading all the instructions in the advertisement given about the exam. The link will redirect the candidate to the application form where all the information needs to be filled clearly and accurately.
- The payment options must also be checked properly before the payment of the fees. Various details regarding the application form must be filled properly and the documents must be attached as per the specifications mentioned in the advertisement.
- After the payment of the fee, a receipt will be generated which will contain the user id and the password for the candidate. The printout of the receipt must be taken out for future reference and to avoid any discrepancies. This will help the candidate in better evaluation of the process. All the above steps should be followed to apply for this exam and no step should be skipped.