Dropshipping allows you to sell items on the internet without having to buy, store, or ship inventory. That’s true, you can run an ecommerce site without ever
touching the things you’re selling from your couch.
However, you’ll need to find a dropshipping company to handle the logistics of delivering orders in order to do this properly.
This article will assist you in finding the best dropshipping companies for your specific needs, whether you have an existing ecommerce business or are new to selling online.
Continue reading to find out more about my top picks and how I evaluate different possibilities.
What is dropshipping business?
Dropshipping is a sort of retail fulfillment for online retailers in which merchants acquire things from third-party suppliers when customers place orders, rather than storing inventory. The products are subsequently delivered to the customer. This eliminates the seller’s need to handle the merchandise directly. Does this ring a bell?
When it comes to shipping and order fulfillment, the retail shop manager has a fairly hands-off role. The merchant is not required to keep goods on hand, order items in bulk, or physically fulfill orders. Instead, the merchant’s products will be shipped by a third-party source.
Dropshipping is advantageous to entrepreneurs since it requires less operational capital than the typical retail model. You don’t need to create a physical business, hire personnel, keep the lights on, pay overhead, or manage inventory. Instead, you start an internet store and purchase wholesale from vendors that already have merchandise and warehouse space.
Different types of Dropshipping companies to consider in 2022:
SaleHoo is one of the most well-known wholesaler directories available today. A subscription gives you access to over 2.5 million products from over 8,000 different suppliers.
You can select things and start selling them online in minutes with SaleHoo.
Over 137,000 people have used SaleHoo to sell online with dropshipping services for over 15 years.
Here are a few more reasons they’re so well regarded:
- All vendors have been thoroughly vetted.
- Award-winning customer service and unlimited dropshipping training
- A 60-day money-back guarantee is included with all plans.
- Tools for market research on trendy products with large profit margins
- A sleek UI makes it simple to navigate.
- Having the ability to automate your online store is a huge plus.
The SaleHoo supplier directory has a $67 annual fee. You can also pay a one-time price of $127 for unlimited access.
Better then, if you buy one year of SaleHoo’s dropshipping service at full price, you’ll get a free second year. On this limited-time promotion, $67 will get you two years instead of just one.
Don’t wait to find out why SaleHoo is the best dropshipper directory available.
Oberlo is a great option if you’re selling online with Shopify. The technology interfaces smoothly with your Shopify business, allowing you to quickly begin dropshipping.
With Oberlo, more than 100 million products have been sold online.
Oberlo is free for basic use, but you’ll want to subscribe to a paid plan if you want to do more. The following are some of the most notable features:
- Orders can be placed at any time during the month.
- Oberlo is a free Chrome extension that allows you to do bulk orders.
- Order tracking in real time
- CAPTCHA solver with variable mapping
- Ebooks, manuals, and other free learning resources are available.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days
- Listing information that can be customized
- Product information that is really useful
The cost of a paid plan starts at $29.90 per month. Up to 10,000 goods can be supported by this entry-level package. To get started, you can sign up for Oberlo for free.
Dropshipping does not imply that you must stick to the patterns and styles that providers provide. By using Printful for inventory and fulfillment, you may customize high-quality templates for garments, accessories, and home goods.
I like how Printful makes it simple to customize high-quality products from well-known brands. In only a few minutes, I can add my logo to a Champion bomber jacket, add “NeilPatel.com” in text to an Adidas golf cap, or have a design embroidered on an Econscious tote bag.
You can make your drop shipped products stand out from the crowd without sacrificing quality with 335 premium products to select from and hundreds of unique design possibilities.
Printful, by instance, checks all the boxes you’d expect from a dropshipping service. Printful makes it simple to connect your existing online store to their service (they work with almost all major ecommerce systems), and they fulfill orders as they come in.
Do you have a global clientele? It’s not a problem. Printful has 15 locations on five continents, allowing you to fulfill international orders in the same amount of time as domestic orders.
Printful handles order fulfillment and delivery no matter who buys from you or where they buy from you. This frees up time for you to focus on fine-tuning and expanding your dropshipping business.
Dropified is another well-known dropshipping service. It works with ecommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and others.
Dropfied, unlike other dropshipping programmes, works with eBay and AliExpress.
Dropfied eliminates the need to copy and paste customer order details if you keep your inventory on eBay or AliExpress. These orders can be dispatched directly from the provider to your clients automatically.
Dropified also has the following top features and benefits:
- Order fulfillment is automated.
- Price changes are updated automatically.
- Facebook feeds that are constantly changing
- Product availability is automatically updated.
- Setups for simple product variants
- Filtering products is simple.
- Inventory and product synchronization
- With a simple click, add to your ecommerce store Product customisation
- Import vendor product reviews automatically
- It’s simple to switch vendors for different items.
This collection of features and advantages might go on forever. To say the least, it’s extremely extensive. Plans with Dropified start at $47 per month. 15,000 goods and unlimited monthly orders are included in the entry-level package. For 14 days, you may try it for free.
In comparison to the other dropshipping companies on our list, Inventory Source is a little different. They sell software that automates the dropshipping process.
Inventory Source will be a terrific alternative for you to explore if you want to optimize the logistics with your current suppliers.
Here are some of the reasons why I enjoy Inventory Source so much:
- More than 25 ecommerce platforms are supported (Shopify, eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.)
- Integration of all product data
- Order automation for dropshippers
- Inventory synchronization is automatic.
- 230+ suppliers are listed in this free directory.
- Outside of the Inventory Source directory, you can add your own providers.
- Tools for managing bulk feeds
Basically, the software is quite simple to install. It will help both you and your vendors. Monthly plans begin at $99 per month. To browse supplier product feeds, automation tools, and connectors, you can create a free account.
Megagoods is my #1 pick for consumer electronics online stores.
They offer quick shipment, efficient processing, and a large assortment of name-brand equipment.
Here are a few of the most popular product categories available on the Megagoods marketplace:
- Alarm clocks
- Car audio
- Home theaters
- DVD players
- DJ products
- Bluetooth products
- PA systems
Megagoods also sells watches, kitchen appliances, silverware, cookware sets, and other household items in addition to electronics.
Although the interface is a touch antiquated, Megagoods subscriptions are only $14.99 per month. This membership fee entitles you to special pricing. For 30 days, you can try it for free.
Doba:Most versatile and best dropshipping company
Doba is one of the most widely used dropshipping services today. Its appeal stems from the fact that it can support a wide range of ecommerce stores with different requirements.
In a single online catalog, Doba gives you access to millions of products from hundreds of vendors. Even whether you’re selling on eBay, Shopify, Amazon, and other online marketplaces, keep all of your products in sync.
Doba’s other notable features include:
- Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Volusion, eBay, Amazon, and other ecommerce systems are all supported.
- Each supplier’s information (average processing time, fulfillment rates, cost, etc.)
- Manage product listings and find out what’s hot.
- Filtering and advanced search
- Data can be exported in a variety of formats.
- Inventory control software
- Inventory and price change warnings that are proactive
Monthly plans begin at $29 per month. You’ll get two months free if you join up for a yearly subscription. For 30 days, you can try it for free.
On Wholesale2b, there are over a million products to choose from. Anyone may easily incorporate dropshippers into their online store using the platform.
Wholesale2b works with a variety of online markets and distribution channels, including Amazon, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Ecwid, eBay, Magento, and more.
You won’t have to sign up with dozens of suppliers to get what you want because your Wholesale2b account would offer you access to over 1 million products.
Here are a few more reasons why Wholesale2b is at the top of my list:
- Signing up is completely free and does not require a credit card.
- Getting started is simple.
- A large product inventory with selections from a variety of industries and areas.
- The Wholesale2b network has over 100 dropshippers.
- Order imports and inventory tracking are both automated.
- Ability to build a whole new turnkey ecommerce site from the ground up
Whether you already have an online store or want to create one from scratch, Wholesale2b has you covered. It’s free to sign up and try it out.
How to find the best dropshipping companies:
On the market today, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of various dropshipping companies.
Without a shopping guide to aid you, narrowing down your options can seem impossible. Follow the techniques provided below to make your life easier.
These are the things to think about when studying and comparing different dropshipping options.
Types of Dropshipping Companies
Dropshipping businesses come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The first step is to figure out what form of corporation will best match your organization’s needs and objectives.
Do you require the services of a manufacturer? Are you looking for a wholesaler? Is there a directory of suppliers? You can merely be looking for dropshipping software to help you manage your current supplier connection in some cases.
Here are some of the most common dropshipping alternatives you’ll come across:
- Dropshipping Marketplaces are online marketplaces that connect a variety of dropshipping businesses. From a single location, you’ll be able to streamline your entire operation and manage partnerships with various dropshippers.
- Manufacturers may allow you to buy directly from them, allowing you to get the best whole-stock prices. You could have to use dropshipping software and put up the arrangement yourself if a manufacturer won’t let you dropship.
- Dropshipping is not handled by supplier directories. It’s a single area where you may locate a variety of vendors, similar to an online marketplace. In most cases, you will be required to pay a membership fee to the directory.
- Online retailers can use dropshipping software to streamline order fulfillment with their suppliers and manufacturers. These tools reduce the need for ecommerce stores to manually enter order details after a purchase is made via their online sales channels.
The next step is to ensure that the company you’re considering is compatible with your ecommerce platform. It’s important to note that not all dropshipping services are compatible with all ecommerce platforms.
Online stores using Shopify, for example, will not always use the same dropshipping company as businesses selling on eBay or Amazon. A brick-and-mortar store that wishes to add an online sales channel won’t have the same requirements as a new Wix or WooCommerce store.
As a result, ensuring that your online sales channel and the dropshipping company’s logistics are compatible will be a terrific method to cut down your options.
You’ll have access to wholesale rates in addition to the logistical advantages of dropshipping. However, like with any form of goods, prices will vary from one provider to the next.
For access to wholesale pricing, several dropshipping firms need you to pay a monthly or annual membership fee. These membership fees are often well worth the savings you’ll receive as a result. However, if you buy straight from the manufacturer, you will usually get the greatest price.
You’ll have to strike a balance between what’s convenient for you and profit margins.
The best dropshipping companies use automation to give you as much control as possible.
You must comprehend the logistics of how orders are processed from one company to the next. What happens after a customer makes an online purchase? How did that order land up on their doorstep in the first place? The answer is different depending on the option you select.
You may have to manually enter order details from your own website to the dropshipping platform in some circumstances. You won’t have to do anything with an automated process, though. Without any more action on your part, an online order will be submitted to the supplier automatically.
Quality and Quickness
Even if you don’t handle the merchandise when dropshipping, your business is still accountable for the product.
The customer is unconcerned about where the goods was made or who delivered it. They anticipate receiving high-quality goods in a timely manner. It will reflect poorly on your company, not theirs, if the dropshipping company you use takes weeks to ship and provides substandard products.
As a result, go with a company that has a solid track record in this industry. You may have to pay a little more for merchandise, but it’ll be worth it if you keep your customers happy.
Dropshipping is a very intriguing notion for anyone interested in selling online. However, it will only work if you choose the correct dropshipping provider.
What is the finest dropshipping company? It is dependent on your requirements. To select the best dropshipping services for your online store, simply follow the advice and purchase guide outlined in this post.