Well, in my previous article I had discussed the cloud computing architecture. Now it’s the time to get through the best cloud hosting providers for your organization. If you are planning to use the cloud computing technology for your application then you need to choose the right cloud service providers for your business health.
The next thing is that you need to assess the reliability and capability of the cloud service providers.
What is a cloud service provider?
The cloud hosting providers are the third party company which is offering infrastructure, cloud-based platform, application, and storage device. The cloud networking is very similar to a homeowner who would pay for the utility used such as electric and gas bill. Here comes the list of top cloud service provider companies where you can pay based on your utility.
It provides companies with many benefits and it is the pay per use model.
How to choose the cloud hosting providers?
In order to choose the cloud hosting providers here are the few points to be considered. They are:
- 1. Business health and processes
- 2 .Administration support.
- 3. Technical capabilities and processes.
- 4. Security practices
Business health and processes
You need to select the best cloud services based on the business health and their processes. If financially they are very good, they can provide you with excellent services. He should possess the organization, governance, and risk management activities. They should know the technology as well as the business knowledge to deal with the clients.
- The cloud hosting providers should be financially good with the track record of stability. It should have a healthy financial position in the market to operate successfully over a long term.
- The service providers should have the proper management structure, established risk management policies.
- The company should a trust relationship and see the partners associated with it. Also check the company reputation and its principles too. You need to find out its level of experience in cloud hosting providers and also read reviews, talk to other customers who are very similar to you.
- The provider should understand your business and its main theme. He then needs to provide the top-notch technical experts to deal with your data.
- The provider should validate compliance with your requirements through an audit process.
As an administrative support it should include all service level support, performance reporting, resource monitoring, billing and account management.
- They should promise you with a basic level of service you are interested in.
- They should provide you the performance reports in quick advance.
- The providers need to be engaged with sufficient controls to track, monitor the service provided to the customers and made any changes to their systems.
- The billing should be automated and you can monitor the resources you had used and the cost for those resources.
Technical Capabilities and Process:
Before selecting the cloud servers you need to check with the technical specifications, the capabilities it possesses to deploy your application in the cloud servers.
- You need to cross check with the provider’s mechanism whether you can deploy, manage and upgrade your software applications very easily or not.
- In order to build a secure connection to the cloud servers they should provide the standard APIs and data transforms too.
- It should support an event management feature which is integrated to the providers monitoring or management system.
- The provider should provide a formal documented for the process to take place such as the request for logging, approving, testing and accepting changes.
- The provider should also include the hybrid capability feature which will help with your application at a later point in time.
Any cloud hosting providers should use the security practices in order to protect the customer’s data. They should also provide the strong features to safeguard their data through data recovery option.
- The providers should support the security infrastructure for all the security cloud services.
- There should be strong comprehensive security policies and procedures for controlling access to providers and customer systems.
- It should authorize the permissions to change any application service or hardware component in a person or on a group basis.
- It supports data backup and retention. The policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the customer’s data.
- It should provide the controls ensuring the physical security to accesses co-located hardware, data centers should be provided with environmental safeguards to protect the equipment and data from disruptive events. It should support the document disaster recovery, business continuity plan and redundant network.
Note: Top skills required to become a cloud engineer.
Benefits of cloud hosting providers:
- It measures the scalability and flexibility.
- Reliability of multiple data centers with multiple redundancies.
- You can customize the configuring servers according to your preferences.
- The responsive load balancing made it react easily to the changing demands.
- It evaluate the security considerations for storing the information in the cloud servers.
In general cloud service providers are the typical components of cloud computing such as Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS), Platform as a Service(PaaS) and Software as a Service(SaaS). For more information regarding the cloud computing technology please go through the below link.
A Detailed information about the cloud computing technology or architecture.
Leave A Comment