With the introduction of different technologies into the market, cloud computing architecture is one of the most trusted technology in use today. It should have opted as the major concern of all the IT companies.
Before moving onto depth now let’s walk through a few things about cloud computing.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is an information technology paradigm which enables to access the shared pool of configurable system resources and high-level services provisioned with minimal management efforts. It mainly relies on the shared resources to achieve coherence and economies of Scale.
The cloud helps the business organizations to focus on their core concept rather than on the infrastructure and utility services. The cloud network helps to minimize or reduce the IT Infrastructure costs. It also helps the enterprises to run their applications very fast with manageability and security skills. It also helps the IT in adjusting the resources during the fluctuation and unpredictable demand.
Ever since the launch of Amazon EC2 in 2006 led to the growth of cloud computing. The cloud networking makes the availability of high capacity networks, low-cost resources, storage devices and service-oriented architecture. The cloud delivers the computing services such as servers, storage, databases, networking, software and analytics over the internet.
History behind computing architecture
- Cloud networking had came into existence since 2000. Later in 2006 Amazon created Amazon web services and introduced it as Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2).
- In 2008 Google released Google App Engine in beta. Later in the same year NASA’S OpenNegula, enhanced in the European reservoir project for deploying the hybrid and private cloud.
- In 2010 Microsoft released Microsoft Azure.
- In 2011 IBM announced the SmartCloud Framework to support Smarter Planet.
- In 2012 Google Compute Engine was released and rolled out in 2013 December.
Key advantages of cloud computing architecture
The cloud computing exhibits a lot of uses in different sectors. Right from making using online services to send, receive an email, edit documents, watch tv online, store pictures,files, listen to music and any more. Cloud computing makes all the things happen to you. All and varieties of an organization such as tiny startups to global corporations, government agencies to nonprofit sectors are using the technology for sorting all kinds of reasons.
- It increases the user’s flexibility by expanding the technological infrastructure resources to improve the agility for organizations.
- Costs are managed very perfectly based on the utility usage billing option.
- It is device and location independent so that users can connect from anywhere to access it resources.
- Cloud applications are maintained very easily as there is no need to install at every computer because it will use the shared resource for accomplishing the task.
- It supports the multitenancy feature where the sharing of resources and costs across the large pool of users.
- The performance is maintained by the IT experts from the cloud service providers.
- The resource pooling helps to provide resources multiple times based on the users demand and need.
- Results in the increase of productivity when different users work on sharing same data.
- Reliability helps for the business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Data can be secured due to centralization concept. But service providers can devote the resources in order to handle the security issues.Private cloud installations are made to provide more security.
But according to the “National Institute of Standards and Technology” cloud can be distinguished in 5 characteristics namely.
- On demand self service
- Broad network access
- Resource Pooling
- Rapid Elasticity
- Measured Service
Benefits of cloud computing architecture
You can do a few things with the cloud. They are as follows:
- You can create new apps and services too.
- With the cloud you can easily store, backup and recover the lost data.
- By using the cloud service platforms you can easily host the websites and blogs on a secured cloud network.
- You can stream the audio and video.
- You can easily analyze the data for patterns and decision making.
Cloud computing Service Models:
The cloud computing architecture advocates everything as the service and cloud computing providers offers their services in 3 different models. Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS), Platform as a Service(PaaS), and Software as a Service(SaaS).The service models portrayed as a layered architecture. All the layers are operated independently without any dependency on the other layers.
- 1.Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS)
- 2.Platform as a Service(PaaS)
- 3.Software as a Service(SaaS)
1.Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service refers to the online services that you rent IT infrastructure such as servers, Virtual Machines, Servers, networks, the operating system from the cloud providers pay as you go idea. A pool of hypervisors support the virtual machines and able to scale the services up and down based on the user’s requirement.
According to NIST’s it is defined as the system to deploy and run your arbitrary software. With Iaas service providers, they supply the resources on demand from the large pool of equipment installed on the data centers. The cloud users install the operating system images and the software on the cloud infrastructure which facilitates the cost involved in consumption.
2.Platform as a Service(PaaS)
Platform as a Service refers to the cloud computing services to deploy on to the cloud infrastructure with the created applications using the programming languages, libraries, services and tools supported by the providers. Here the customer does not manage or control the cloud infrastructure instead have the control over the deployed applications and configuration settings for the deployed applications.
PaaS provides the development environment for the vendors. In this model, they provide a computing platform to deliver the operating system execution model, web servers, and database to the users. Some integrations and data management providers have the specialized applications in the PaaS for the data solutions. The iPaaS and dPaaS help the customers to develop, execute and govern integration flows. The dPaaS uses the data visualization tools to control over the data.
Blockchain as a Service(BaaS) is the specialized form of PaaS where the vendors such as IBM Bluemix and Oracle Cloud Platform included in PaaS.
3.Software as a Service(SaaS)
Software as a Service is a service which is offered to the users or it is an on-demand providing of the software applications upon subscription. With SaaS, cloud providers can host and manage the software applications, infrastructure and handle maintenance too.
It is a web browser on their devices to connect to the internet. It is priced on a pay per use basis. Here users are gained to access the application software and databases. The load balancers help to distribute the work on the set of virtual machines where work burden can be reduced on one machine.
Mobile backend as a Service(MBaaS)
MBaaS is the latest service model introduced in 2011. The web app and mobile app developers can link their applications to the cloud storage and cloud computing services with the APIs exposed in the applications as well as the custom Software Development Kits(SDK).
Types of cloud computing deployments:(Public,Private and Hybrid cloud)
You need to notice that all clouds are not the same and are deployed on different cloud computing resources such as private cloud, public and hybrid cloud.
- 1.Private cloud
- 2.Public cloud
- 3.Hybrid cloud
1. Deployment in private cloud:
Private cloud is a cloud infrastructure which is solely operated by a single organization. The private cloud can locate don the company on site data center. Some companies use the third party to host their private cloud. All the services and infrastructure are maintained on the private cloud itself.
2. Public cloud
Public cloud is a cloud where the services are open for public use. They provide free services with little or no difference in their cloud computing architecture. Sometimes security breaches over the untrusted network.The public cloud service providers like Amazon Web Services(AWS), Oracle, Microsoft and Google operate the infrastructure at theri datacenter. They also offer direct connect services too.
All the things are owned and managed by the cloud providers. You can access and manage your account using the web browser.
3. Hybrid cloud
Hybrid cloud is a combination of private and public cloud together bounded by a technology that allows data and applications to be shared between them. By the use of both the clouds together, hybrid cloud helps in providing greater flexibility and more deployment options.
How cloud computing works?
Before knowing how cloud computing works, here are the few tips to choose the best cloud providers.
All the cloud computing services offers or works alike with a little different depending on the cloud providers. They provide a user-friendly, browser dashboard which makes the IT professionals and developers order resources and manage their accounts. Some are designed to work with REST APIs and Command Line Interface(CLI) giving developers multiple options.
Cloud Computing Architecture:
It is the systems architecture of software systems involved in the delivery of cloud computing. The cloud computing architecture involves multiple cloud components communicating with each other by using the losing coupling mechanism such as messaging queue.
Cloud engineering is nothing but using engineering discipline in cloud computing. It brings a systematic approach to delivering high-level concerns such as commercialization, standardization, and governance in conveying, deploying, operating and maintaining cloud computing systems.